Wednesday 11 March 2015

Ege & Duschnes Matts/Mounts

In at least one previous post I have mentioned that distinctive card mounts ("matts" in American English) are an easy way to recognise leaves sold by Otto Ege. I have also discussed the close business relationship with Philip Duschnes.

But I had forgotten until recently that Duschnes sometimes put leaves in mounts very similar to Ege's, as these examples demonstrate:
Duschnes
Ege


[I was prompted to post this now by a recent Tweet from Lisa Fagin Davis, who is on a "Beauvais Missal Road Trip" across Ohio.]

1 comment:

  1. This observation makes me even more certain that there are practical details of their collaboration that have yet to be sorted out!

    ReplyDelete

** PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR NAME IN YOUR COMMENT **

I may ignore and delete anonymous comments